
As some of you know, I decided that I didn't have time to train a puppy, I realized that when I was growing up that my Dad did all the "puppy training" and that I was just there to enjoy the fruit of his labor. I felt like I did when Vale was a newborn and I was up all night with him and it was all I could do to get anything done because I was so tired. At that time I had help! Marie was still in high school and I was living at home-- so I had 2 live-in's! I realized that I needed help!
So, 2 weeks ago we packed up her stuff and took her to San Diego to be trained by one of the best... my friend Claudia. Claudia has owned dogs her whole life and is no stranger to training them, so she volunteered to put her through "puppy camp". She is now crate trained, potty trained (inside--ie: newspaper in the bathroom for when she's by herself and outside)and has learned how to be by herself during the day. She will be ready to "graduate" Saturday.
We are very excited that Daliah (we finally gave her a name) is coming home this weekend. We spent last weekend puppy-proofing the house and cleaning off the porch so that she could wander about freely.
I know that there is a certain Turner boy that wants Daliah to come to White Salmon for the summer, but she won't be able to do that... Sorry Ethan! She will be coming for the family reunion, so he will get to see her. She isn't a big dog, she is a pug (which are pretty small dogs-- very sweet and lovable). BTW-- this picture is not of her, she isn't this big but is a good likeness.
1 comment:
See, that is the reason why we still don't have a dog. We still have one who isn't potty trained. Maybe Claudia could take on Ivan?! I guess Ethan will just have to survive for a few months. After all,if he gets to spend time with Vale, that is all he needs! :)
Post a Comment