Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Memory

I saw this on my sister's blog and thought it was cute. With Vale gone to WA for the summer and me in training classes, I don't have a lot going on to write about. In a nut shell, it's boring at home and crazy-busy at work... end of story.

Just follow the directions and I'll try to be better about answering than I am about emailing or blogging.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

3 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

Ok you probably don't remember this, but one time you were driving me home from church. I was being a total snot ( me?!) and you made me get out and walk home! Looking back, I would have done the same thing!

Also remember the time that you were teaching me to drive the sentra, and I accidentally put the gas on instead of the brake and went through the toll booth without paying?

And of course... you telling me that if I ate in my room I would get mice in there. Which has resulted in a life long fear of mice!

love yah!

Carrie V said...

Oh my Darla Jean,
I still remember the very first time we met! I walked into Skyline Hospital and you and Lydia were at the front desk. I said who I was and you jumped up and were so excited to meet me you jumped up and with a big grin shook my hand. You were so happy to leave the front desk and go work in the basement! :) I also remember our talks during your, ahem..."breaks". When I met James, I remember your warning me of things I won't write here! LOL I remember lots of happy times and it was lovely to have someone in White Salmon my age to have an intelligent conversation with. I still think of you every time I go in the dress department at JC Penney at Clackamas Town Center from the day we went shopping for Christmas party dresses. Love you Darla!

Avis La Fin said...

Hmm...sorry it's taken me so long to get to this. Of course, my first memory of you is probably the most profound, even sacred. Labor started around noon, so Dad and Grandma went to McDonald's for lunch. One nurse came in and gave me an epidural, although she assured me it would be a long time before you were born. Then, they gave me some kind of drug to slow everything down because the doctor was in surgery and wanted to deliver the baby. Then, they gave me a second sedative a little later. So, I was so drugged up that I didn't feel a thing--the nurse had to tell me when to push. When you came, you were so beautiful and looked sooo surprised to be there!! I heard the doctor say, "It's a little girl. We don't want a girl. Throw her back!!" All my maternal instincts kicked in, and I was fighting him. So funny and tender and memorable. I love you!! Mom