Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Promotion! Promotion!

After the last post, you may all be wondering what the Long Beach Unified School District does with a Juvenile Delinquent like my child who decides to get in a fight the week before school is out? Well, they promote them to 6th grade!!

Today was Vale's 5th grade Promotion Ceremony and this morning he asked me if he had to go. I told him that "of course you have to go!" He said, "Mom, it's going to be like 2 HOURS LONG!" I asked him if they were going to have speakers and he said "Yes, there are 3 and one girl... her speech is like 5 MINUTES LONG MOM! It is going to take FOREVER!" I thought that was great, it couldn't be that long. It was only about an hour and they did a very good job. Vale even received an award. He received The Presidential Award for Academic Achievement the award was accompanied by a letter from Pres. Bush. I think Vale was just as surprised as I was and Vale's friend Michael didn't get one so Michael's mom was a little upset. Oh well, Michael made honor roll and Vale didn't!!
Vale showing off his award
Vale and his principal after getting his "diploma"
Vale and his teacher Mr. Hegamin and one of the boys he got in the fight with Neiman
Vale and his friend Michael showing off their "diplomas" with their school picture on the other side.

3 comments:

Avis La Fin said...

kjcWow, Vale!! Congratulations on your award!! When did you get to be so tall? Grandma

Susan said...

Congratulations, Vale. You're such a smartie. Now, quit getting in fights, okay?

Your favorite sister said...

I am sorry, did I miss something here? I swear the last time I saw Vale he was not that tall, and he did not look like such a ...big kid! He has just grown up so fast! And of course we are very proud of his earning that award!