Friday, June 6, 2008

A Fight and a Concert

It has been quite a week in my household. Tuesday, I got a phone call from the school counselor-- Vale had been in a fight! Over who was first in the kickball (or dodgeball-- I'm not exactly sure) line. It started out a shoving match and then another kid got involved by calling Vale and name and punching Vale. Of course, Vale says that he didn't do any hitting! Needless to say, he got suspended for 1 day which included his punishment of no TV (meaning all multi-media: no computer, video games, etc). I remember my dad telling me one time that the reason he never grounded us was because it became a punishment for them as well as us. That is EXACTLY how I felt! He was driving me CRAZY the latter part of the day. I was one the phone with my mom and he stood there and corrected everything I said, so I made him go to his room. That was met with a note on his bedroom door that said "I want to be left ALONE". Poor Vale-- he gets no lenience! The no TV punishment is over tonight... that is, if he doesn't get into any more trouble!

Although I had originally taken away a trip to Disneyland, scouts and his spring concert, the only thing I actually took away was Disneyland. Here are pictures of Vales Spring Concert. I have more videos, but you can't see Vale... he's so far in the back that all you can see the violin player that is right in front. They play a tune for the violins and then they play one for the other instruments, so every time Vale played she sat back and I couldn't see him. The video is actually the "photo opt" they do at the end. They were all playing, so she wasn't sitting back! Vale is still hard to see but the flute player in the teal shirt actually blocks Vale's face when they play. You might have to watch it a time or two to see him!




1 comment:

Your favorite sister said...

no,no,no not my Vale!! My Vale wouldn't do that! Would he? I can't believe that. He is too sweet for that! Good for you for sticking to your guns. I know I have grounded my kids from things like that and it drove me nuts.