Several years ago... ok, well more than several, maybe more like 15 on a day very similar to today (Christmas with a little sno
w mixed in). I, with my siblings awoke to a treasure hunt Christmas that took us across the street, through the lawn, to neighbors mailboxes and yards, and to presents hidden around the house and yard. A crisp $100 bill was the ultimate prize that awaited us at the end of our quest, hung on the Christmas tree with care. Although that particular Christmas had the usual waking of Mom and Dad at 2 am only to be told to go back to bed (I'm sure it did-- I don't really remember. Maybe we had learned by then, but somehow I doubt it!!), it sticks out in my mind as a particularly fun Christmas.
w mixed in). I, with my siblings awoke to a treasure hunt Christmas that took us across the street, through the lawn, to neighbors mailboxes and yards, and to presents hidden around the house and yard. A crisp $100 bill was the ultimate prize that awaited us at the end of our quest, hung on the Christmas tree with care. Although that particular Christmas had the usual waking of Mom and Dad at 2 am only to be told to go back to bed (I'm sure it did-- I don't really remember. Maybe we had learned by then, but somehow I doubt it!!), it sticks out in my mind as a particularly fun Christmas.Today we had another treasure hunt of sorts, one that took us to the warm confines of the movie theatre where we watched National Treasure Book of Secrets. There was a suprisingling large group of people for 1:30 on a Christmas afternoon in Hood River, OR.
It was also a pretty good movie, Mom and I turn to each other and both say "very unrealistic" but a good flick to watch on a cold winters day.
It was also a pretty good movie, Mom and I turn to each other and both say "very unrealistic" but a good flick to watch on a cold winters day.
We walked out of the movie theatre to find that Vale's Christmas wish had come true. It was snowing, and not just a little flake here and there... a downpour of big wet flakes covered all it landed on. Once we got back to Mom and Dad's he was able to make a snowman, although small he was pleased with it.

Another suprise was to await us when we got back from the movie, the ham we had anticipated eating was not. It was in fact a turkey, so we ended up having turkey dinner rather than the Kennedy family traditional ham. I have to say, it was a mighty tasty mistake!!
2 comments:
Welcome to the Blogosphere! I love the posts and pictures - especially the ones of Vale in the snow. Looks like fun.
I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas.
Hmmm. . . I liked "Darla's World" because it made me think of Wayne's World. Oh well, this is cool 'cause the cousins can see pics of each other and keep up - glad you got some snow for Christmas!
Post a Comment